“You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.”
Dr. Anna Marie Gierach is Doctor of Chiropractic passionate about family health. For real. It only takes being in her presence for about 30 seconds to figure that out. She is persistent in finding ways to improve function and quality of life through chiropractic care for mammas, babes, and super kids. Empowering and educating women throughout their pregnancy and motherhood journey as well as helping children grow and thrive is what puts that huge smile on her face. Clinically, she blends her intuitive connection, chiropractic care, neurosensory integration, and movement-based rehab to help families through preconception and pregnancy support, post-natal care and optimal movement and development of infants and kids.
Here is a "short-list" of some of Dr Anna Marie's qualifications:
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) from Palmer College of Chiropractic's West Campus in San Jose, California as class valedictorian
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biological Sciences and Psychology from University of Alberta
- Webster Technique Certified
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- CranioSacral Therapy (CST) with Dr Martin Rosen
- Thompson Technique
- Pediatric Alphabet Soup: Blending Chiropractic, Functional Neurology, and Occupational Therapy for Sensory Processing and Attentional Needs
- P3: Pediatrics, Prenatal and PostNatal Training
- Kinesiology Taping through RockTape
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization through FAKTR
- 27-Hour Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher Training from Rainbow Yoga Training
- Certified in Acupressure in Pregnancy and Labour
More to come (including BirthFit Certification coming in April 2019!)
Dr. Anna Marie is originally from Edmonton, Alberta, where she was introduced to Chiropractic college by her stepdad and worked in his office while she went to University of Alberta. She then moved to beautiful San Jose, California to complete her Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) program. During the clinical portion of her program, she spent three months in Augusta, Georgia working in a prestigious internship at the Veterans Hospital in their rehabilitation department. During this sought-after opportunity, she gained invaluable experience while seeing a large number of complex cases.
When not at AltaVie, Dr. Anna Marie Gierach enjoys exploring her surroundings near and far. That usually includes finding farmer’s markets, reading in coffee shops, cooking for friends and family, and dabbling in fermenting and canning. To stay active she loves a healthy dose of yoga, hiking, snowboarding, and attempting to learn to SUP. She loves to travel, exploring foods and cultures in every places she visits.
Dr. Anna Marie passionately dedicates her practice to little ones (children 16 and under), mama-bears (postnatal care), and moms-to-be (preconception & pregnancy support). If you do not fall under any of those categories, please consider checking out Valeo Health Clinic or give us a call so we can recommend a colleague in town who will be a better fit for you.
"But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!” At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said, "It made a difference for that one.”
― Loren Eiseley