“The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.”
Dr Amanda Stevens is a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) whose practice focuses entirely on pediatric and maternal health. She has completed extensive training in holistic paediatric care and is a CACCP certified pediatric practitioner through the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice. She is currently working toward the last few steps of the next level of her international paediatric designation. Dr Amanda has also earned a Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition during which her focus was on paediatric neurodevelopmental disorders (think gut-brain chemistry connections). Her therapeutic approach is a blend of chiropractic care, clinical nutrition, neurosensory integration, and movement-based exercise rehab. She works along the full continuum of paediatric care, from fertility and pregnancy care to developmental, wellness, and problem-solving paediatric support.
Here is a "short-list" of some of Dr Amanda's qualifications:
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) from Palmer College of Chiropractic's West Campus in San Jose, California.
- Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition (MSACN)
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (BScKin)
- CACCP & Diplomate Candidate from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- Webster Technique Certified
- Kinesiology Taping (Rock Tape & SpiderTech)
- Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (including Graston Technique, FAKTR, and RockBlades) - included specifically as part of Cesarean section rehab)
- Intersect 4 Kids (Combining Optimal Neurology, Nutrition, Exercise, and Chiropractic Together)
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT) based Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST)
She has taken too many courses for us to keep this list updated! When you book in for your initial exam she will discuss with you the blend that will work best for you and your child's care. See Dr Amanda's professional CV if you would like a more complete list.
Originally from New Brunswick, Dr Amanda and her adventure-prone husband (Dr Benjamin Stevens) have traveled extensively and lived in England, California, Calgary, and the lower mainland before settling in Kelowna. They have one beautiful daughter.
When not dedicating her time to elevating patient care and learning, she can be found with exploring with her family. As an avid snowboarder, trail runner, and camping enthusiast, she spends most of her personal time out of doors. She also enjoys surfing, SUPing, hiking, yoga, traveling, reading (for fun), and all things mountains, trees, and elephants.
Dr Amanda limits her practice hours and clientele to focus on family balance. She is only accepting patients who fall under paediatric and maternity umbrella. If you are a postnatal mama, please consider Dr Anna Marie, our other fabulous AltaVie chiropractor, to support you in your health journey. Dr Anna Marie does pediatric, pregnancy, and postnatal care. If you do not fall under any of those categories, please consider checking out Valeo Health Clinic or give us a call so we can recommend someone in town who will be a better fit for you.
Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt.