What is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic care addresses and supports neuromusculoskeletal health. That means that we assess, diagnose, and treat issues related to the nervous system, muscles, and bones and joints. Doctors of Chiropractic are primary care physicians who have the same years of training as a medical doctor but with a focus on manual therapy and conservative management rather than acute disease and pharmacology.
At AltaVie, the care our chiropractors provide is a blend of treatment techniques specific to the patient and problem being addressed. We take time to ask questions and figure out exactly what is going on so that we can develop a customized treatment plan that is right for you. We take a whole-person approach, applying our head, heart, and hands to support your physical, chemical, and emotional health.
All of the chiropractors at AltaVie have training in paediatric and maternity health. They are well versed in a variety of techniques and work with people all ages, from birth and on.
Chiropractic care at AltaVie Integrated Family Health may include a blend of:
- Chiropractic Adjustments / Spinal Manipulation (SMT/CMT)
- Extremity Joint Manipulations
- Craniosacral Therapy (CST) and Myofascial Release
- Soft Tissue Therapy (including IASTM using Graston Technique / RockBlades / FAKTR)
- Exercise Rehab
- Kinesiology Taping (We use RockTape in office. Check out this blog on taping during pregnancy.)
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifestyle and Ergonomic Counselling
- Neuro-Sensory Integration
- Early Developmental Support