Dr Amanda Stevens is a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) whose practice focuses on pediatric and maternity health. She has completed extensive training in holistic paediatric care and is currently finishing up the last few steps toward her international chiropractic paediatric designation. Dr Amanda also holds a Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition during which her focus was on paediatric neurodevelopmental disorders. Her approach is a wonderful blend of chiropractic care, clinical nutrition, neurosensory integration, and movement-based exercise rehab. She works along the full spectrum of paediatric care, from fertility and pregnancy care to developmental paediatric support.
Here is the “short-list” of Dr Amanda’s qualifications:
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC)
- Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition (MSACN)
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (BScKin)
- Diplomate Candidate from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- Webster Technique Certified
- Kinesiology Taping (Rock Tape & SpiderTech)
- Graston Technique (specifically for Cesarean section rehab)
- Intersect 4 Kids (Combining Optimal Neurology, Nutrition, Exercise, and Chiropractic Together)
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT) / Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST)
- Thompson Drop Technique
Dr Amanda just had her first child, a beautiful little girl named Sequoia Maye, in July 2015. She is going to be slowly transitioning back to practice and limiting her clientele so that she can continue to focus on her family balance. At this point, Dr Amanda is only accepting patients who fall under paediatric and maternity umbrella. If you are a “normal” adult (only in the sense that you are not currently pregnant or a child), please consider one of other fabulous chiropractors to support you in your health journey.
Looking for Dr Amanda’s personal blog? Here is Mama Baby Doctor.