Dr Amanda Stevens is a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) whose practice focuses entirely on pediatric and maternal health. She has completed extensive training in holistic paediatric care and is a CACCP certified pediatric practitioner through the Academy of Chiropractic Family Practice. She is currently working toward the last few steps of the next level of her international paediatric designation. Dr Amanda has also earned a Masters of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition during which her focus was on paediatric neurodevelopmental disorders (think gut-brain chemistry connections). Her approach is a wonderful blend of chiropractic care, clinical nutrition, neurosensory integration, and movement-based exercise rehab. She works along the full spectrum of paediatric care, from fertility and pregnancy care to developmental, wellness, and problem-solving paediatric support.
Here is a "short-list" of some of Dr Amanda's qualifications:
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) from Palmer College of Chiropractic's West Campus in San Jose, California.
- Master of Science in Applied Clinical Nutrition (MSACN)
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (BScKin)
- CACCP & Diplomate Candidate from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- Webster Technique Certified
- Kinesiology Taping (Rock Tape & SpiderTech)
- Graston Technique (specifically for Cesarean section rehab)
- Intersect 4 Kids (Combining Optimal Neurology, Nutrition, Exercise, and Chiropractic Together)
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT) / Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST)
She has taken way too many courses and continues to do so, so we can't keep this list updated! Basically, all you need to do is book in for your initial exam and she will come up with a blend of all the things she knows and does that works best for you.
Dr Amanda had her first child, a beautiful little girl named Sequoia Maye, in July 2015. She limits her practice hours and clientele so that she can continue to focus on family balance. At this point, Dr Amanda is only accepting patients who fall under paediatric and maternity umbrella. If you are a "normal" adult (only in the sense that you are not currently pregnant or a child), please consider Dr Anna Marie, our other fabulous AltaVie chiropractor, to support you in your health journey.