Chiropractic care has many health benefits and is especially important for kids. As their bodies are growing, we have a powerful window of opportunity to have a heightened impact on their health potential. The primary goal of wellness care is to support a thriving life experience.
Benefits of Regular Chiropractic Care for Kids
- Helps bones, muscles, and joints grow strong. Ensuring proper muscle tone and movement within the joints facilitates proper communication between the body and the brain.
- Boosts the immune system. Kids under regular chiropractic care have less colds, ear infections, asthma, and allergies.
- Improves learning and behavior. Chiropractic care, especially in conjunction with nutrition and neurosensory integration, can help children struggling with learning and behavioral issues. Children with ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorders often benefit from chiropractic care and is supports optimal function of the sensory-motor system.
Reasons to Schedule a Check-Up
- Fussy baby / colic / reflux / gas
- Hates tummy time
- Not reaching developmental milestone (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking)
- Falls or injury
- Growing pains
- Struggles with anxiety or anger (poor emotional regulation)
- Any complaints of pain
- Colds or ear infections
- Physical struggles or imbalances (hold head tilted to one side, “runs funny”, pigeon toed)
Recommended Wellness Schedule
Just like going to the dentist for a check-up a couple times a year can help keep your mouth healthy and catch problems early, taking your healthy kids to the chiropractor (even when they're not complaining) is a very healthy habit.
|Baby’s First Visit||For a well baby, we recommend baby's first visit be within first month, as soon as you are comfortable leaving the house.
If there are any active problems, schedule as soon as possible.
|Well-Baby Visits||Vary depending on individual situation, usually once every 1-3 months.
At each developmental milestone marker (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking) or at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.
|Well-Child Visits||Every 1 to 6 months, depending on individual situation.|
It’s never too early (and it is never too late) to start chiropractic care. Our chiropractors are experienced at working with newborns, preemies, and "difficult" babies.
If you're interested in more information about chiropractic care and your children, check out the following links: