Congratulations! You are either expecting or just had a baby. How exciting!
We are frequently asked by health savvy moms when they should bring baby in for their first chiropractic check up. Here is some information to help you out with that decision.
- Chiropractic care is safe for newborns, infants, toddlers, kids, and adults of all ages.
- The techniques and forces used are always customized and vary depending on a child’s developmental stage and their individual health situation.
- Mom and Dad will always have every opportunity to ask questions and voice any concerns. It is an honour that you have trusted us with your baby’s health and we will make sure that you are comfortable and happy with all stages of care.
- Baby’s love chiropractic care! More often than not, they sleep or nurse through the entire visit.
- Baby’s first visit will be booked for a full hour, just like yours was. Our chiropractors will take a pregnancy and birth history with you, do a full physical and neurological exam, explain any findings, and provide the first treatment during that time. Infant visits usually don’t take the full hour, but we book it that way to make sure we have plenty of time to invest in your new bundle of joy. How much we accomplish each visit will depend somewhat on baby’s attention span.
- Most problems resolve much faster in kids than they do in adults. How quickly something resolves will often depend on how long it has been going on for, so something that started in utero may take a few more visits than something that happened after birth.
It is never too early (or too late) to bring baby in.
|Bring baby in ASAP after birth if||
|Bring baby in within the first 4 weeks (or as soon as you can get out of the house)||
Chiropractic care for infants centers around optimal health and development. We don’t wait until there is a pain complaint.
Common problems that improve in association with chiropractic care include:
- Colic and Irritability
- Head Shape / Plagiocephaly
- Developmental Delays
- Frequent Colds and Sickness
- Don’t Forget Well Baby Visits!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to book an appointment for your child or book a free 15-minute chat to have a no-pressure conversation with one of our chiropractors about your child’s optimal health and development.